Tuesday 16 March 2010

Flickr favourites: My portrait

1. a selection of poems on the theme of water by studio-s

Bookbinding. That's my job, that's my life. I know, the picture isn't great, but it's a memory: this binding has been made by Benjamin Elbel, a great and young French binder I met at Bodleian Library (Oxfors, UK) for the opening of the exhibition "Bound for Success". Now our binding for that exhibition should be in Boston...

Legatoria. Questo è il mio lavoro, la mia vita. Lo so, la foto non è un granchè, ma è un ricordo: questa legatura è stata fatta da Benjamin Elbel, un giovacne legatore francese che ho incontrato all'inaugurazione della mostra "Bound for Success" alla Bodleian Library (Oxford, Gran Bretagna). Adesso le nostre legature per qwuella mostra dovrebbero essere a Boston...

2. Louisa Whitman manuscript, during treatment by DukeUnivLibraries

Book conservation is a little bit different from bookmaking: you're not holding a book in your hands saying "I made it myself", but you can say "I revived it". And that's always a great satisfaction...

Il restauro del libro   è un po' diverso dalla legatoria: non strigni tra le mani un libro dicendo "questo l'ho fatto io", ma puoi dire "L'ho fatto rivivere". Ed è sempre una grande soddisfazione...

3. Mao~ What a beautiful gal?! by Paul Ngan

Guess what? I love books. And I love cats too. And sometimes I like to be funny, maybe with something a little bit silly. I just can't hide my real nature all the time and look like a serious person... =P

Indovinate un po'? Amo leggere. E adoro i gatti. E a volte mi piace essere divertente, anche con qualcosa di un po' stupido o nonsense. Non posso nascondere la mia natura tutto il tempo e sembrare una persona seria... =P

4. Primo Toccare by Torino●•Bike•●Friend☆♫

That's my second passion: dancing, particularly contemporary dance. This shoot is from a great company based in my city, Torino

Questa è la mia seconda passione: la danza, in particolare la danza contemporanea. Questo scatto è di una grande compagnia della mia città, Torino

See more great portrait mosaic at artmind's blog!
Altri mosaici-ritratto sul blog di artmind!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of photos. Bookbinding is something I've always wanted to learn. Since I haven't I just do my best to buy handmade ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bellissima scelta di immagini, condivido con te la passione per la danza, anche se purtroppo per mancanza di tempo la seguo ormai pochissimo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful portrait, you must be a great person..:) I love cats, books and dance too.. (even though I can't dance at all! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, so powerful and expressive.. Nice to meet you..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sense so much beauty here! Thanks so much for sharing a bit about you! Your selfportrait is superstylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che bel mosaico!!! Il gatto che legge poi è fantastico!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your comments!

    @florcita: It's not so difficult, once you know a few things you can start experiment =)

    @verity: posso capirti a pieno, anche io a volte faccio fatica trovare il tempo per le lezioni, e gli spettacoli impagnano tantissimo!

    @Kosmika: too kind, really!

    @Giselle: thanks, nice to meet you too!

    @ArtMind: wow... well... what can I say? I'm honored, thank you very very much

    @Bijoux: concordo a pieno, è simpaticissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pics very much and your blog oOo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi :) I'm playing catch up as I didn't get a chance to come and 'meet' you last week *grin*. LOVE your photos you chose and how neat that you make books! That is fascinating :) It was so neat to learn more about you and I'm glad you enjoyed my little self portrait :) Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails